Thanks so much for joining us! It’s really good to have you here.
This site exists to give you practical information to keep your group benefit plans compliant, without charging you any money. Because this is a comprehensive resource, we’ve created this page to keep you from getting lost or overwhelmed. The information is right here for you, at your fingertips when you need it and are ready for you.
#1: Building your foundation
Each week in your email box for the next few months, you’ll find a key lesson on improving your compliance.
These are designed to build a step-by-step understanding of the major requirements for virtually every business that offers their employees benefits.
When we looked closely at what typically works best for most organizations, we found that success relied on four factors:
- Understanding that there are certain requirements under the law that impact you (some laws you need to worry about, and others not as much)
- Evaluating what your strengths and weaknesses are (this way you know what you can improve and where you might be able to help others)
- Prioritizing what needs to be fixed (repercussions for non-compliance varies with each law and its requirement, so focus on the “big-issues” first)
- Developing a long-term compliance strategy (because compliance is not a one-shot-deal and it requires an on-going effort)
Each factor works closely with the others. Together, they build a compliance strategy that’s much stronger than they would be if any of the parts were missing.
(That’s not theory, by the way. We’ve tested and proven these concepts by helping thousands of businesses of all sizes and industries, and by teaching other professional advisors to do the same.)
So the first few months of ComplianceBug will kick off with 20 core lessons on the nuts and bolts of what goes into developing a solid compliance program.
#2: Deep-diving into specific topics
Your free subscription also gives you 24/7 access to free videos. That’s where you’ll find even more practical compliance education on ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA and more. Just visit the VIDEOS tab at the top of the page.
This is where you can dive deeper into a topic at the time that’s right for you. So if you need to get a better understanding on your fiduciary responsibility, you can do that today, or next month, or two years from now. We’re ready when you are.
#3: Taking your education further
We’ve given you a wealth of information here, and this may be everything you need to rock and roll in your business. If that’s the case, that’s awesome! We’ve had some amazing success stories from people who have taken our free information and run with it … and we love it.
But some organizations need to go deeper.
- They want more access to the ComplianceBug team, including ComplianceBug founder Peter Lewenson
- They need more in-depth “professional grade” education to zero in on their compliance strategy
- They would benefit from more personalized attention to their specific compliance problems and challenges
- They want more information about new compliance requirements & advice
- They’re ready to adopt a “compliance strategy” to assess and monitor on-going compliance initiatives
If that’s you, you’re ready to upgrade your subscription. We’d love to have you join ComplianceBug, our comprehensive compliance solution for businesses and professional advisors. Click here for all the details about ComplianceBug.
What happens next
Watch your email box for those core compliance lessons. They’ll give you a real grounding as to what’s required to avoid massive fines, penalties and lawsuits. They also illustrate the practical way we approach compliance at ComplianceBug.
After that, we’ll keep you up to date on the latest advice to keep you compliant, sharpen your tactics, and improve your strategies. That way you can keep your momentum going to help your business avoid compliance issues.
Each lesson will be illustrated with articles from around the Web. Many of those will be from ComplianceBug, but we’ll also include others who we think “get it.”
Before you move on to other things today, allow me to suggest one thing:
Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email program’s “white list” or list of “safe senders” so you’re sure to get all of the lessons. If you don’t do that, some messages might end up in your junk folder. And we don’t want that!
I am genuinely excited to have you on board with us. I’m really looking forward to helping you succeed, so let’s jump in!
Peter Lewenson, President of ComplianceBug